Skip to main content

New month,New you? How to get the most out of a new month!

Happy new month! 

I'm so excited that we have the gift of a new cycle. A time to start all over again, a time to go back to our mood board and restructure.

How do you start your month?
Do you just go into the month with no plan or direction 
OR are you part of the lot that makes all the plans BUT few days into the new month, you're back into old habits.

This used to be me.

 It's almost impossible to drag our "flesh man" (our physical body) to do the right thing because it LOVES to be comfortable. 

I've learned that if I want to see changes in my life, I have to do something differently. Especially positive changes.

I remember this one time I had a business, just before I moved abroad temporarily and the sales were increasing almost daily! I struggled with consistency and this affected my business negatively. Today, I would post, interact with customers and do the right thing. Tomorrow? If I'm not feeling it, I just blank out. When some customers were not very polite, I threw a HUGE FIT and paid them back in their own coins. It was a mad house and this affected my growth. 




I remember lamenting to God and he showed me all the things I was doing wrongly that I had to change. I Didn't like it but inorder to grow and see results I needed to consistently change and do the right thing, even if I don't feel like it.

I changed and my business grew. 

Changing wasn't easy.
It meant posting everyday, purchasing more orders ON TIME as stock ran low, it meant relating with customers with respect even when they seem to have lost their hinges. 
It meant consistency and hardwork but those translated into faithfulness and GOD ALWAYS REWARDS the faithful.

It's a brand new month and if you're like me, you love to see growth. 
Positive changes. 
That is an evidence of the presence of God in your life. 
It is written in Genesis, " Be fruitful and multiply". 
We have a divine mandate to be fruitful and we have that ability but it is not for those that are lazy.

So how do you get the most of a new month and begin to see the fruits of God's blessings?
By preparing and then executing. 

PLAN PREPARE EXECUTE


Personally, I love to see growth in all areas. 
I do an honest appraisal. 
I look back on the previous month and how well I did. I look at my expenses, my relationship with God, my relationships with man , my job and my business.
I do this prayerfully with my journal. 

I look at my expenses (I have an app I use in tracking all the money I spend). I look at ways to make adjustments and I write down the goal for the new month. I apply this to all areas. I recently found out that my business wasn't rising to potential because of my inconsistency and then i write down ways to improve. I write down the target income goal and so on.

Then I take all this before God. 
For it is written, With God, all things are possible. 

I ask the holyspirit to Help me be consistent, faithful and to forsake all others and focus on the goal.

For me, forsaking all others means spending less time playing video games and browsing through social media. It means being FAITHFUL to my job, my business, using my time wisely and DOING ALL THINGS as if I were doing it for God. It means spending more time mediating on God's word, speaking it over my life and interceeding.

In short: it means being disciplined and that has never been very easy for me until recently.

For you, it could be something else BUT God rewards obedience and faithfulness! I am a living witness. 



The holyspirit can help you to...you only need to ask and submit.

How are you preparing for the new month? I implore you to do things very differently and see the rewards. Take the steps I mentioned above, reinvent your own but DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY at the foot of christ.

I recently started tracking my expenses and saving so much more because I want to hit my thirties debt free and able to help people and be financially free. Same thing applies to my relationship with God, I don't want to disobey, do all the wrong things and then begin to come back to christ in my old age(that is if rapture doesn't happen). I desire to hear from God, "welcome you good and faithful servant". 

Faithfulness applies to ALL THINGS including your marriage and your present relationship. It applies to how you treat a maid  a coworker or a sister.

It's a new month, how are your starting it? How will you be consistent? What are the things that you need to let go of in order to experience the full potential of God's presence in your life?

I recently had a conviction with the holyspirit where it was called to my attention that I wasn't very kind and polite to a particular person. This person literally loves me so much so that I can do no wrong in his eyes BUT my attitude has not been christ like or graceful. I've since repented but I mentioned the story above because starting the month right is not just about our finances alone.

I hope you start this month right and I pray you take that energy into the middle of the month and into the next month.

I love you as always,
Ada❤


Comments

  1. Woooow... Your write ups are always spirit inspired.. .am so blessed..
    That discipline size got me..
    Am a reckless spender๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.
    Very incalculative when it comes to expenses.. God bless you dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen dear! Thank you for your comment. Please track your expenses!๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to forgive Sincerely

When you search for the synonym of forgiveness you will find these words among others: reprieve, amnesty, mercy, exoneration, pardon and condoning.  Forgiveness does not always come so easily especially if someone you hold in high regard hurts you. Personally, forgiveness did not used to come to me easily. My default mode on dealing with betrayal and hurt was to run far away from the person or detach myself emotionally from the person. This solves nothing. Some people jump over it, ignore it or sweep it under the carpet and live in complete denial. Such people wake up one day and blow things out of proportion over a very small offence. They have been holding it all in and then one day, the proverbial "cup don full" happens! Some say they have forgiven but continue to talk about that betrayal or hurt every chance they get. Others NEVER forgive, this results in years and years of malice. Forgiveness is being aware that someone wronged you and granting them mercy or repr

Struggling with insecurities or self doubt?

The Dictionary defined insecurity as a lack of confidence in one's self.  Simply put, self doubt. I struggled with this for a long time growing up and I know I am an authority in this area. I can tell you how to deal with it and how to be completely free, all glory to God. Jesus worked some fine wonders in me and I am thankful! I use to struggle with insecurity in these areas: My weight. I've always been chubby and big boned. Growing up, I had people that would comment on this in jest. I hated it and I wanted to be so trim and perfect until the holyspirit dealt with it. I have the most beautiful figure, straight legs, hips and fat in the right places but because I fed their words into me as the truth... I TRIED to be someone else. I would exercise till my knees almost gave up. I would take weightloss pills. I would take detox teas. I spent alot of money... until Jesus took the wheel. - The holyspirit helped me through this. I learned to see my body thro