Skip to main content

What it means to trust!

Trust did not used to come easy for me. I had a default mode: If I need something done, then I would rather do it myself because I did not trust any other person to do an excellent job like I would do.

But you see... with this kind of attitude, you cannot get anywhere with God or even a love relationship. It is almost impossible for humans to trust their total dependence on another because they believe that they can handle things better which is not far from the truth but with God this is so different.

Trusting the lord simply means obedience to his word and direction even when it does not make sense. Yes! When I ask my child to get off a  high chair and he obeys, he trusted me enough to listen even though he was enjoying himself on that chair because I know better than him. 

I had an incident in my final year in the university. So I wrote an exam is my 300level and I was graded an F. When the results for the whole session was out, I got eleven As, one B, one C and one F. I immediately said it was utterly impossible for me to get an F. I studied and prepared for that exam so I decided to contest that result. If you studied in Nigeria, you will understand that doing that is a BIG STEP. These lecturers do not play down here and they do not take lightly to anyone that calls them out on a mistake. I decided to see it as a mistake, just to be safe. So, I logged in my complaint and the Head of department (who was also the lecturer in charge of that course) asked the secretary to go get my file. The secretary complained that she will not be given extra work because of me and told me to go do it myself. So I went to storage and got my scripts. I looked over it and noticed I scored a 63 which was supposed to be a B but someone changed the six to zero so it read 03, and that is an F. I took pictures quickly and took my scripts to the secretary. 

The lecturer in charge of my case claimed I cheated to have that score 63 when the panel was called. So I reported to the dean of studies, showed him the shots I took but it seemed not much was done. I knew that the odds were against me, So I went on my knees in my apartment at school back then, out of frustration and pain and told God that he should come through for me. I also told him that I would not rewrite the course along side every other of my course mates that failed at the time. I reminded him that he was the one that gave me that beautiful result because I asked and trusted him enough to come through, that even though I studied, he favored me enough to remember all I read. So I decided not to write.

I was so scared, my final projects were in the works and not re-writing that course meant a zero score to a three credit unit course. I stood my ground, continually telling God according to his promises for me in the bible that I KNOW he would not fail me, regardless of my emotions at the time.

One day after my final project, there was a public announcement and apology and my score was placed back there. He came through for me! Of course he did y'all!

Trusting God is a lot but it pays to let go of the reigns of your life and give them completely to him. What do you do when you find yourself in a season where you have to trust? You  Do what is required of you and worship him with all your heart in that season. You Keep  reminding him of his promises to you and let me tell you, No matter the circumstance, he ALWAYS comes through.

When I was believing God to give me a Job, I did not trust him in the beginning so I tried to use everyone I knew in the top industries and my plans did not work! But when I decided to let God have his way, he led me to the page where I saw the advert for the job. By the help of the holy spirit I applied and I got the job. Note that, because I trusted the lord, it did not mean I would not put in my best. I did put in my best, I re-branded my resume, wrote a good cover letter, put together a portfolio of  all my past works and then made a video resume. I still put in the work but God completely favored me above every one applying for the same position at the time.

Trusting God pays. It may mean;
  • Being honest in the organization you work because you know the lord will provide your needs per time and you do not need to be fraudulent but HE can and will give you a promotion or a raise as you so desire.
  • It means letting go of a dysfunctional relationship because you trust that he loves you too much to suffer and his best for you will never include abuse in any form.
  • It means being kind, patient and loving to people you do not know because the bible says while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
  • It may mean being kind, generous or loving even if you have been used badly in past relationships. Give your pain to the lord and let your light continue to shine.
  • it may mean starting small honorably knowing that all increase comes from the lord
  • it may mean applying for the Job or Visa even though YOU KNOW you are not qualified according to whatever laws or standards that was set. psshh! have you met my God?!
Trust is scary at first, till you do and then God does not let you down. Its so funny to think that humans would trust a bus driver to take them to a destination safely but find it hard to trust the king of kings to come through for them. The only one that literally loves you more than anything in the world. I employ you to get your priorities straight in this area. I could not have a healthy love relationship till I learned to trust (obey) God.

I hope you let down your defenses and trust God totally.... the peace and rest that follows is divine!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to forgive Sincerely

When you search for the synonym of forgiveness you will find these words among others: reprieve, amnesty, mercy, exoneration, pardon and condoning.  Forgiveness does not always come so easily especially if someone you hold in high regard hurts you. Personally, forgiveness did not used to come to me easily. My default mode on dealing with betrayal and hurt was to run far away from the person or detach myself emotionally from the person. This solves nothing. Some people jump over it, ignore it or sweep it under the carpet and live in complete denial. Such people wake up one day and blow things out of proportion over a very small offence. They have been holding it all in and then one day, the proverbial "cup don full" happens! Some say they have forgiven but continue to talk about that betrayal or hurt every chance they get. Others NEVER forgive, this results in years and years of malice. Forgiveness is being aware that someone wronged you and granting them mercy or repr

Struggling with insecurities or self doubt?

The Dictionary defined insecurity as a lack of confidence in one's self.  Simply put, self doubt. I struggled with this for a long time growing up and I know I am an authority in this area. I can tell you how to deal with it and how to be completely free, all glory to God. Jesus worked some fine wonders in me and I am thankful! I use to struggle with insecurity in these areas: My weight. I've always been chubby and big boned. Growing up, I had people that would comment on this in jest. I hated it and I wanted to be so trim and perfect until the holyspirit dealt with it. I have the most beautiful figure, straight legs, hips and fat in the right places but because I fed their words into me as the truth... I TRIED to be someone else. I would exercise till my knees almost gave up. I would take weightloss pills. I would take detox teas. I spent alot of money... until Jesus took the wheel. - The holyspirit helped me through this. I learned to see my body thro